Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hello Kitty Hi-Tec-C 0.3 mm



[Purchase]

Price: $27.00 (9-color set)

Overall: I am a HUGE Hello Kitty fan - plushies, stationery, bedspread, you name it, I've got it. So I was overjoyed when JetPens was kind enough to send me this pen for testing. Thanks, JetPens!

My thoughts? This pen is very bright, a sort of orange-y red (or reddish orange, I should say). Writing-wise it takes a little time to get started, and can be scratch-y when it first hits the paper. The Hello Kitty charm on the cap can apparently come off and be put on different pens in the Hi-Tec-C line, but I most likely won't do that.

I've never tried a Hi-Tec-C before, but other than the Hello Kitty cap, this pen isn't blowing me away. I think I'll stick with my Signo DX's.

Pros:

- adorable cap

- very fine point

Cons:

- ink is hard to read

- the charm on the cap throws off the weight of the pen

- tip is scratchy

Detail: As mentioned, this pen has a 0.3 mm. One thing I like is that the top is especially fine - finer than my 0.28 mm Signo DX - and the needle point makes it great for people trying to cram a lot of writing into a small space. The orange ink is sort of hard to see, making this particular pen best for discreet notes and such. However, if you want to purchase this pen, JetPens only sells it in a set along with all the other Hello Kitty Hi-Tec-C's, so you'd have a chance to experiment with all the different ink colors. Personally, I kind of wish I had requested the black pen so I could compare it alongside my Black Signo DX to really get a full evaluation.

Rating: 6.5/10

(to be fair, I was considering a higher rating, but I took into consideration the level of utility for this pen, which is not very high at all)


Note: What do you think of the new rating style? I thought the old format got overly rambling at times, so I am trying out this new format. Basically, if you want to read the overview in my handwriting from the photo, go ahead and you can skip right to the pros/cons afterwards. I only typed out the overview below the photo for those who don't want to read from a photo or for those with impairments that require screen readers to view web pages. I want to make sure this blog is as user-friendly and accessible as possible so please leave me your feedback if you have any! Thank you for reading!


Signing out,

- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment